1. After conducting a thorough inventory detailing species composition, age class information, health and condition, and defect information. We’re now ready to query these data and prepare inventory report documents for presentation.
2. On your TreeWorks toolbar select the ‘generate reports’ icon. This opens the ‘TreeWorks Reports’ window in which the user defines the scope of the report.
3. In this example we’ll produce a baseline species diversity report. Clicking ‘species diversity’ opens a new ‘Reports Viewer’ window and displays a pie chart detailing our current species breakdown.
4. Now there’s a defoliating pest problem on Cheshire Ave., let’s run a report to detail our species diversity on only that one street. First use your query tool to single-out just those trees on Cheshire Ave. Then after clicking ‘TreeWorks Report Generator’, choose to generate reports using ‘selected sites only’. Now we can run our ‘species distribution report’ just as we did in step 3, however, this time we’ll only be viewing the species information for Cheshire Ave.
5. Now we’ll use several queries in combination with the ‘reports’ tool. To start we’ll query to identify sites with planned maintenance tasks currently scheduled. With those trees selected we’ll remove all red maple from the search to further refine our results.
6. With all remaining planned maintenance trees selected we’ll remove all those which are prioritized as ‘standard’. This way we’ll focus only on the planned maintenance tasks prioritized as ‘hi priority’ or ‘immediate action’.
7. Now in our ‘TreeWorks Report Viewer’ we’ll run a detailed report on the structural defects of our selected ‘hi-priority’ and ‘immediate action’ maintenance sites.
8. As users can plainly see there are an unlimited number of combinations by which you can apply queries and reports to ask meaningful questions of your dataset.
Knowledge Base ArticlesAssigning Maintenance Tasks.
Compacting the TreeWorks database
Customize the Species List.
Extending the TreeWorks Evaluation
Migrating Data to ArcGIS Explorer
TreeWorks - Getting Started in ArcMap.pdf
TreeWorks and ArcPad - Setup a Handheld
TreeWorks - Starting a New Project with an Existing Database
TreeWorks ArcPad Configuration
TreeWorks Check-in and Check-out
TreeWorks to Itree Conversion
Understanding tree appraisal values
Using ArcGIS Field Calculator for Mass Updates
Using the Camera Option in ArcPad 10
Utilizing the Notes Field